Fusion Yearbooks is free for our clients. It means that, if you print your yearbooks with Fusion, you and your team can use our online yearbook builder for free.
However, it also means that, if you don't print your yearbooks with us, you can't use our online yearbook builder.
In this article:
> What's free
> What's not free (and how to get a quote)
> Payment and billing
As a Fusion client, you can use our online yearbook builder for free. It means that you can:
- Create and use your account as much as you want
- Invite as many users as you want on your projects
- Complete your project entirely with Fusion
- Generate your print-ready file
- Keep on using Fusion for more projects.
What's not free?
01. Canva Premium elements
As mentioned in the first guide of this series, there are millions of premium elements available in our page editor. These elements are provided by professional contributors from all around the world for $1 USD each. You can access them via our search engine as pictured below.
=> How to differentiate elements that are free from the others?
- Free images show a Free sign.
- Premium images show a $1 sign.
=> Some layouts have a $ sign, what does it mean?
The $ sign doesn't necessarily mean that the layout will cost you money. This only means that this layout has been built with premium images to add context. In the examples above, you can see that the Soccer Tournament page used a premium photo as a background. The third layout example has been built with multiple premium photos. This is the reason why these layouts have a $ sign.
=> Can I use those layouts for free?
Sure you can! Simply replace the premium images with your own photos and you'll see that the layout is entirely free.
=> Do I own the elements I paid for?
When you use any premium element in your page, you’ll be charged according to how many times you use it throughout your whole yearbook. However, you’re not paying to acquire ownership of these elements, but instead you're purchasing a One Time Use License. The contributors of the elements retain the copyright to their work. Meaning you cannot use the premium elements except for the purpose of the yearbook only.
02. Yearbook printing
Of course, you'll have to pay for what you print (from 10 to 10,000 copies, from 24 pages to 400 pages). On that topic, please refer to the previous chapter.
03. How to get a quote
The price of your yearbook is determined by 4 printing factors:
- The Canva premium elements you've used (no surprise: $1 USD each per use and it can be zero).
- The number of pages in your yearbook
- The number of books you order (Like anything, larger order will bring down the unit price.)
- Your finishing options (type of cover, special effects, etc.)
Here's how to generate a quote for yearbook printing:
> Visit the Manage section by clicking on the gear icon found on the left side of your screen. The Quote Calculator is located in our Manage page and this will be the first thing you'll see.
> To request a quote, enter in the quantity of books, pages and special finishing options (if applicable). Click Request Quote and a quote will be generated and be available to preview.
You can generate as many quotes as you like! The idea is to let you find the right one. No surprises and no risks of leftovers !
If you need a hard copy or a PDF version of your quote, please email us with project details and the quote ID to email us at email@example.com
Payment & Billing
01. The payment process
Payment happens in two stages:
- After a 30-day trial, you need to pay a $300 ex GST deposit in Australia and 300e deposit in Europe. Don't worry though, this gets deducted from your final payment.
- You make the final payment when you confirm your order.
When your yearbook is complete, there is a step by step process which includes order confirmation, delivery details and payment information.
02. Payment methods
- Pay online with your credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS)
- Send a cheque to us at PO BOX 1330 Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
- Make a direct deposit (details are listed on the invoice)
If you require any additional information or have any questions about invoice payment, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
03. Invoicing / Billing (where to find invoices, receipts, etc.)
When you make an order on Fusion, an invoice is sent to you via email. If you want to access your invoices on your Fusion account, click on Manage found on the left side of the screen after logging in.
After opening your Manage page, look for and click on the My Invoices tab found below the Project name. It would show there all the invoices you have so far, its status and an option to download a copy of it.
Congratulations! You know the essentials about us :)
For further questions, please visit the Using Fusion category
or feel free to type your search in our Help Center search engine.