Photos are one of the most important elements in a yearbook. Here is how to upload, organize and use your own photos in Fusion:
In this article:
- Create a photo folder and upload your photos
- Use Facebook photos
- Delete uploaded image
- Download uploaded images
- Access and manage photo folders from previous projects
Create photo folder and upload your photos
01. Open a page
Open a page by clicking on the Pencil icon when you over over it.
02. Click on the Uploads tab
Go to the Uploads tab and click the New Folder button to create a new folder.
03. Change folder title
Click on the folder title to edit.
04. Upload images in your photo folder
Open the new folder and click the Upload your own images button to upload new images. You can also drag images on to the folder. Here are some tips for you to organise your photo folders.
Use Facebook photos
01. Open page editor
To connect with Facebook and use your Facebook photos in the yearbook, open any page by clicking on the Pencil icon. Then click Uploads while you're inside the editor.
02. Connect to Facebook
Clicking on the Facebook icon will show an option to Use Facebook photos. Click on it and then you'll need to enter your Facebook login details to connect your account to Fusion. This will allow you to use your Facebook photos directly in your designs.
Create a Facebook page for your school, your class or your yearbook team. Have everyone to add photos all year long. You'll be able to use their photos directly in the editor!
03. Use your Facebook photos
Simply drag and drop your Facebook photos to the desired location.
Delete uploaded image
01. Go to your Uploads tab
To delete an uploaded image, look for the image you want to delete and hover over it. Click on the i that appears.
02. Delete image
Click Delete and the image will be removed from your uploads.
WARNING: Once you've deleted an uploaded photo, this cannot be restored anymore. You would have to reupload the photo if you wish to use it again.
Download uploaded images
01. Open the Page Editor
Hover your mouse cursor over any page (except Profile Pages) and click on the Pencil icon to open the Page Editor.
02. Go to Uploads
Once the Page Editor loads, click on the Uploads tab found on the left side of the screen to show the images and/or folders you've uploaded so far.
03. Click on "i"
Look for the image you want to download and hover your mouse cursor over it. You should be able to see an i icon on the lower left of the image preview and then click on it.
04. Download photo
To download the photo, click on the icon found on the right side of the dropdown menu bar with the name of the folder the photo is currently in. This will instantly download the photo to your computer's Downloads folder.
Access and manage photo folders
from previous projects
If you've used Fusion Yearbooks in 2016, you might have noticed in your Uploads that photo folders from previous projects have appeared by default. We've enabled this feature to help you save time. Here are the benefits you’ll gain from it:
- You won’t have to chase your school administration to get the right school logo, official header, mascot, etc. These images remain accessible at the same place from one year to another and can be reused directly.
- You won’t have to chase your school staff to get new photos (if they just want to reuse the same).
- And so on.
However, because of this new update, all of your photo folders remain accessible under the uploads tab, unless you manually delete them.
01. A new logic to understand
Since all your photo folders remain accessible, you really have to re-think the way you are naming them.
- add the year in the name of your folders (to avoid mistakes)
- delete the folders that won't be needed anymore (examples: class photos, school trips, or any other thing that only happens once).
- have a proper naming convention for the folders you want to keep over the years (examples: school style guide).
- updating folders that need to be (example: if your school has a new logo, simply add the image in the old photo folder – no need to create another folder).
02. Access and use images from a previous project
Open any page from your current project.
Under Uploads, you'll already see that the photo folders from your previous projects have carried over in your current project.
02. Delete old photo folders or individual images
Simply apply the process mentioned earlier in this article.